Saturday, June 16, 2007

"14 Habits of Very Happy Moms"

I am mostly taking this list from a magazine article out of Parents magazine, but editing it according to my desires & adding my own comments because I can! It is a pretty good list with some good reminders for all of us moms out there!

1. ask for help (don't be afraid to admit you're not a super-mom & let people help you out!)
2. leave the house - now (I totally agree that getting out, especially to go outside and go to a park or over to a friend's house to play is one of the most fun and uplifting things to do, although it is very true that it is a lot of work. But most everytime I do this, I am glad I did!)
3. plan some big fun (like a vacation :)
4. exercise
5. find a way to have some alone time
6. find ways to serve & help others
7. don't be envious of other moms (& try to avoid those self-pity trips where you silently lament your lot in life of very little sleep, lots of unappreciated work, no pay, and little or no time off...that's just all part of the job description of "MOM")
8. hang with your gal pals (spend time with other moms in the "trenches of motherhood" with you)
9. spend some one-on-one time with each of your children
10. remember that nothing lasts forever (both to enjoy all the blessings that won't be there forever, and to patiently endure the difficulties that will be gone soon enough)
11. laugh & smile a lot (one of the things that makes me the happiest is just to watch my kids & realize how cute and funny they are -- to just enjoy who they are in all of their specialness)
12. dance & play music (kids love this, and it makes mom happy too!)
13. give & get lots of cuddles, hugs & kisses!
14. and the one I would probably consider the most important: BE THANKFUL! Many women these days can't even have children. Remember what a blessing it is that you have been given children, & learn how to love every minute of being a mom, because it is one of the biggest blessings God can give us!

2 comments:

Barbie said...

I'm taking number one into consideration starting today.

Melissa B said...

Thanks Holly!