Thursday, March 1, 2007

Feeding Your Baby

Today I spent the afternoon at a friend's house who has a 10 month old baby, and we made a healthy apple bread that both her baby and my 2 year old loved. I also learned a lot of cool little healthy tricks for feeding infants. This was one of the things that was really hard for me with Samuel, my first baby...figuring out how to go from feeding him only breastmilk to feeding him everything we eat. It was rather baffling to me how to go about this process. I even got several books and asked the doctor and looked online, and nothing really could answer my questions. The Super Baby Food book is what I was really looking for but never found until my second child. I wish I had this book for my first baby. It is jam-packed with information on everything to do with feeding your baby and what to feed them when and how. It has lots of great recipes too. I'm going to try to start reading it and implementing the stuff in it with Hope (my 3 month old) when it comes time to start feeding her solids.



I plan on writing more about this topic as I experience it all again with Hope, so I don't want to give too many specifics right now. But I will say that getting lots of fruits and veggies and whole grains into your baby's diet is essential. I have loved learning a lot more about eating healthy and being able to feed Samuel healthy food. He has a great diet and eats a lot of healthy food, which is so enjoyable to watch. More on this topic later...

No comments: