Friday, February 2, 2007

My Great New Idea

I love writing, I love being a mom, and I love helping people with things relating to motherhood, so I had this great idea to start a blog and see what happens when I combine these things!

As a mother of a two-year-old and a two-month-old, I have gotten to have lots of experience in the realm of motherhood in the last two years. Everything from pregnancy to diapering to baby gear has occupied a great deal of my time these last several years, and I have found that I have a passion for helping my friends who get pregnant and have babies with all of the stuff that goes along with this new journey into motherhood. One good friend of mine that had a baby about four weeks ago actually is the main inspiration behind this blog. I had the pleasure of walking through her pregnancy with her and giving her advice on everything from how to deal with morning sickness to preparation for childbirth; now I get to be a listening ear and a consultant on newborn things such as which nursing pads to buy and tricks to calm her baby down. She has thanked me so many times for all of my help and said she doesn't know how people have a baby without a 'Holly' to help. It got me thinking that maybe there are more people out there that I could share my knowledge and advice with, and since it is something I enjoy doing so much, I thought I would try to start a blog and see if more people could benefit from my experiences thus far.

So, feel free to send questions my way, or to just read posts for my random motherhood help!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I am starting to register for everything and have NO IDEA what is helpful, what is wasteful.... Let me know some of your favorite "must haves" so I can make sure I register for them!

Melissa B said...

Thanks Holly for putting this blog together. Yes, I think this blog will be very helpful. WIth so many different types of mothers and babies, I think we can all learn for each other.