Friday, February 23, 2007

Recommended Reading List

Here are some of my favorite pregnancy & baby books I thought I would recommend.





These two books are by the Sears doctors, a husband and wife who have 7 children (I think), and have a whole series of books. These two books are two of the most thorough pregnancy and baby books I have found. They are also the people who developed the term "attachment parenting," which I don't follow meticulously, but it is interesting and helpful to read their ideas. Also, these books have great medical information and are just really thorough all around.





These two books by the same author are some of the easiest to read that I've found. They are set up very differently than other books, and they are broken down into small increments easy for reading. They also have lots of useful information.



This book is full of useful information for taking care of baby. Its more entertaining reading as the author writes from personal experience (she is a professional "baby whisperer" who works with new moms in the LA area). She talks about everything from breastfeeding to distinguishing baby's different cries. I highly recommend it for pregnant women or new moms.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, my friend sent me your blog so I've been reading it, as i am pregnant with our first child. I tried to write your e-mail, but for some reason it said that address didn't work.

I don't know if its just our computer is messed up, or what, but there are no pictures, links, or names of the books that you recommended. Just thought you'd might want to double check that, just in case its not showing up for everyone. As you left such good descriptions of the books, its disturbing to not even know their names : )

If you'd ever like to write on subjects such as your experiences in labor, and epidermals-vs.-natural birthing. But I would probably more than anything appreciate thoughts on how to prepare your thinking to get used to breast-feeding. I hear a lot of stuff about why to breast-feed, the emotional bonding of it, or the basics on how to breast-feed/what you need. But I heard nothing about the metal adjustments required to do so. I have a hard time as seeing my breasts as something utilitarian, and I feel like I have just really begun to appreciate them while love-making with my husband- I don't want that to disappear....I have weird dreams my baby will be born with a beak or something, and breastfeeding just won't work. Ya, I think I get hung-up on breastfeeding a lot, though i can't imagine doing anything else. So those are topics I am interested in.

thank you and many blessings,
elisa

The Becchios said...

I have read both the Baby Book and the Pregnancy Book by the Sears. They are amazing! So valuable, really practical, and are obviously written with love and TONS of experience. I highly recommend them too!

Holly Lomelino said...

Elisa,
I fixed the problem with the e-mail...sorry about that. And I am going to write several blogs about breastfeeding, and I appreciate your recommendations on some topics about that. I will do my best!

These are the books I recommended: The Pregnancy Book and The Baby Book by The Sears doctors, Your Pregnancy Week by Week and Your Baby's First Year Week by Week by Glade B. Curtis, and Secrets of the Baby Whisperer by Tracy Hogg. Has anyone else had a problem being able to see the links?

Melissa B said...

I have been able to see the links.